Did you notice my new diggs? Yeaaa, guy, got a fancy new website. It’s lemonadelowdown.com now! Does that make it official? Sure why not! Anyone wanna help me make money off this little project, holla at me, I’d really love to keep this thing going, people seem to enjoy it.
Anywho, here is what is coming up this weekend.
Friday Dec 5
- Narrows Tavern hosts Blind Albert to serenade you with blues music as you enjoy brews, a very yummy dinner and they’ve got board games & card games for ya. Music starts around 8 p.m.
- Solid Gold Birthday Party for a special lady will be happening at The FOG Bar and Cafe. Wear your best gold outfit and get ready to boogie. DJ Les will play tunes. Starts at 9:30 p.m.
- Sea Train plays live music at The Speakeasy. Dance music. No cover. Happy Hr is Tues – Saturday 4-6 p.m. with $3 $4 $5 drink specials.
- Christmas by The Sea!! Carriage rides, Santa, caroling, parade at 6 p.m., sales at the stores, and a Tour of Bethlehem (this is my faaaavorite part of Xmas by the sea. You just go into the chestnut St. Baptist Church and sing Christmas songs and then get an acted out telling of the story of Jesus and find yourself in a bustling Bethlehem city market with animals and all right inside the church. Very magical. I highly recommend going! Full Schedule here.
- I also recommend poking your head into 40 Paper for Happy Hour 4-6 p.m. for half priced drinks and appetizers. Good way to warm up. They’ll probably have some wonderful warm drinks like spiked hot apple cider available too. Nothing puts me in the Xmas mood like some holiday spirits!
- My Pick! Nutcracker by Atlantic Ballet Co. at Camden Opera House. Get tix at HAV II in Camden. Show at 7:30 p.m. $20 / $14 for kids under 12. This is a fabulous holiday tradition!
- Belfast will have an Art Walk and Holiday Festival Fri & Sat. Santa and Tree Lighting at 4:30 p.m. Friday. FMI BelfastCreativeCoalition.org
- Rockland will have Santa on Sunday and 10-5pm free admission to Owls Head Transportation Museum and festivities and bonfire.
- Art Walk in Rockland! (Final one of the year!) Stop into the galleries in Rockland to view art, mingle, and enjoy tasty snacks and bevies. www.artsinrockland.org. Rememeber to visit Grasshopper Shop’s costumer appreciation day for sales and snacks!
- Lauren Crosby plays folky bluesy singer/songwriter music at Rock City Cafe 7-9 p.m. Free, tips welcome.
- Karaoke at Myrtle at 9 p.m.
- Smokestack has a DJ on Friday.
- Time Out has DJ upstairs and Open Mic downstairs. Is anyone else sad that they don’t have their dart board anymore?
- First Friday Film at the Strand 8 p.m. Advanced Style.
- Men’s Night at Sogno Salon in Rockland – 5-7 p.m. No appointments. Men, drop in for beer, wings, and a hair cut, all for $25.
Saturday Dec 6
- Breakwater Vineyards is hosting a FREE Holiday Wine & Chocolate Pairing noon-5pm at the winery’s Main St tasting room in Rockland. Go Samples those famous locally made BIXBY Chocolates and locally made wine.
- Blind Albert brings the blues to The Speakeasy
- My Pick! At Rock City Cafe: The Otter Folk are a new, acoustic band from the Bangor area bringing to the stage a progressive folk sound with classic rock roots. They combine guitar and Irish whistle and some rhythm and voila. Experience their dynamic harmonies and playful energy as The Otter Folk cover favored songs, old and new, with a splash of original music. Dinner, desert, beer wine and spirits and plenty of delicious coffee available. Music is free, tips encouraged. Music is 7-9 p.m.
- Karaoke at Cuzzy’s starts at 9 p.m.
- FREE ARTLAB FOR ALL AGES: HOLIDAY BOOK MAKING at Center for Maine Contemporary Art 2-4 p.m. More info.
- I’ll be in Portland to see The Head and the Heart! No you can’t come with me, sorry, it’s sold out!
- Myrtle will have live music by classic rockers Mid Life Crisis starting at 9 p.m. $3 cover. 21+
Pies on Parade is Dec 11th! Tickets are now on sale. Give the Berry Manor Inn a call to get tickets. Yay Pie!
Samoset’s Ice Bar will be open Jan 16-25, so come chill!